Wednesday 14 November 2012

Bye bye Dubai -farewell trip to Abu Dhabi


My dream trip to Middle East comes to an end. We are leaving Dubai and are going to settle back in London. I realize sadly, that means the end of my blog, which I only started making this July while living in Dubai on the Palm.



We arrived in Dubai in January and loved the weather and surroundings.

The idea for a blog came to me only in July. As the summer reached its peak, I cooked more and sought inspiration as we became vegetarian. I tried more recipes and hope that I helped or inspired others to try and  cook for themselves.
I was glad to discover that my blog had an audience in UAE, Canada, US, UK and even Asia. Thank you to all of you who took the time to check out the blog.

I am going to miss the friends I made here in Dubai and I hope that I will see you guys at some point and somewhere soon.

Our life-changing experience, (which was especially for me, coming to Middle East), was completed in style with a trip to Abu Dhabi's Palace and a lovely lunch experience on the verandah.

The Palace was stunning, covered in gold, literally!

During our lunch we sat outside, looking at the beach and listened to classical music.  The food was beautifully displayed. It has certainly given me some ideas for future events.
The dishes were fairly simple but mouthwatering. 

Have a look.

 Golden Palace


View from the lunch seat

Lovely selection for a little girl:


 Filipino starter - spinach dish





mmm....

 Stuffed baby courgette, mini gazpacho and blue cheese salad

 Caesar salad in a glass








 A pretty selection of skewered apricots, profiteroles, marshmallows and grapes.




So bye bye for now ... and future details of my next blog will follow shortly.

You can find me now on:

http://littleblackcoffee.wordpress.com

Love Patricia


No comments:

Post a Comment