Friday 12 October 2012

Food in Argentina I

Freestyle horse riding
 
Today, I prefer the cows in the field - not on my plate.
 
 
 
 
   El Calafate - the Perito Moreno glacier

Argentina - the place where we went for honeymoon. Famous for its financial crisis, tango, beef steak and dulche de leche. I learned skiing and tried cowboy style horse riding.

I fell in love with this beautiful place. However, I was deeply heartbroken seeing the poverty on the street of Buenos Aires (the Paris of South America). I was deeply impressed with the scenes of wild nature. I was so lucky to be able to spent the whole month travelling and absolutely adoring the friendliness of the Argentines.

I hope that one day I will return to Argentina to see more of it.

Personally, my favourite foods were medialunas (moon-shaped pastries) with coffee, dulche de leche based desserts  and excellent fish. Empanadas were like made in heaven.

We had an amazing time around our friends, Guillermo and Neda, who welcomed us into there home for a week and shared lovely family moments with us. I fondly recall munching on vegetarian & Argentinian delicacies. They showed us lovely shops full of wonderful cheeses, freshly made filled pasta, mouthwatering fruit and vegetables. Yes, you can find non meat eaters in Argentina. :)

Pasta dish -one of many


 
The best Margarita in the world!

1 comment: