Sunday 7 October 2012

Peanut butter & strawberry jam (plus agava syrup) cookies



We did not have a great night sleep or the greatest morning either. Making a few cookies will fix any bad times. The smell of freshly baked goodies will improve the athmosphere in your home, I have no doubt!

Today, I fancied something which boosts energy and keeps you going a bit longer. This is how the idea of peanut butter & jam cokies was born. Childhood memories of Sesame Street programmes inspired these American-style biscuits.


My ingredients are set out below:


 
  • one organic egg
  • cup of organic peanut butter (no added sugar or salt)
  • cup of  strewberry jam, no sugar
  • 1/2 cup agava syrup
  • 4 tbsp butter
  • cup of flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • pinch of salt


I put the dough in the freezer for 20 minutes before cutting out my cookies.



I baked them for 10 minutes in 175 C.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment