Saturday 6 October 2012

Italian day again :)


What do you do when you are tired?

I do one thing! Cook. Bake. Make a pick me up - tiramisu. I make it every time when I need a bit energy from food.

I make an easy version which proves to be a winner every time.

This time I did not have Italian biscuits (ladies' fingers) so I used cantuccini biscuits.



 And rather than using Marsala wine I used-up some Disaronno.

It takes me no time to make it.

I put the biscuits in the tin, pour the coffee all over them to soak them. The liqueur follows (not too much) and then add in the Marscarpone cheese. I put cinammon and agava syrup afterwards to sweeten it up and just before I cover it with a layer of dark cocoa.

Before eating it, my version of easy tiramisu, goes to the fridge for a have a rest for a while before its ready to eat.

During which I can prepare an easy peasy lunch for three of us.

My ingredients were: pasta (mini cutie ribbons), salmon, spinach, butter, olive oil & salt with pepper.
 
 
 
 See my next blog for how it turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment