Sunday 7 October 2012

My carrot cake - mmmm

 
I cannot stop making carrot cake. My friends and my daughter are nagging me to make some more (in a good way - I am not saying you nag).
I love the look of the shop cakes but I find them too sugary and unhealthy.
I skip the frosting and I make sure that my cake is moist and naturally sweet.
I use agava syrup  (1 cup) (organic cinnamon), honey (1 cup), organic sunflower oil (1cup), organic eggs (4) , grated carrots(1 cup), raisins (1 cup), grated apple, mashed banana, flour (2 cups), baking powder (1 and 1/2 tsp), baking soda (1/2 tsp), nutmeg (pinch), cinnamon (2 tsp)and a good helping of love and attention.
 
My cake on the photos has an extra ingredient, organic shredded coconut, which I love in this cake.  I think it adds a freshness.
 
I mix in one bowl all the dry ingredients, and in another, all the wet ones. I fold the dry ones into the previously combined wet ones.
 
 
 
Bake it in the oven at 175 C for about 35-45 minutes. The aroma at home is simply irresistible!

Make it when you are expecting potential house buyers:P





 

1 comment: