Tuesday 2 October 2012

My healthy, honeyed & fruity chocolate brownies


I have created this pretty healthy and decadent recipe - an alternative to sugary treats. I have found that by adding banana, apple & raisins, you get the same level of sweetness which most people get from refined sugar. Bananas give a double benefit to this cake, as they make the cake sweeter and moist.


I melted in a pan butter, then mixed two large table spoons of dark cocoa (unsweetened). I took it off the heat to add two eggs, until the mixture nicely frothed. Then I added honey (generously & to taste). I add mashed banana as it adds sweetness and moisture to my cake. Next was: almond flour,
vanilla, organic coconut flakes, raisins, grated apple & lots of love and hope that it would work.

My ingredients are repeated below in case you want to try:

  • 100 grammes butter
  • 2 hipped spoons of dark cocoa
  • 2 eggs
  • honey
  • 3/4 cup almond powder
  • banana
  • apple
  • raisins
  • coconuts
I placed in the oven for 30 minutes in 170 C.



I glazed them with 70% dark chocolate melted and decadently spread it all over!



And it has worked! My cake is rich, moist, sweet and delicious.



It is full of fruits, dark cocoa and contains no sugar except fructose.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment